Dulux Color Run 2014!



Out Of The Dark and The Dulux Color Run!


On Sunday I ran my first ever 5k race -The Color Run UK,
 to help raise money for the charitable social enterprise, 
 with Will, Toby, JoannaZoePippaKate and Katie.

 Today my legs are certainly feeling their age, 
but I'm so pleased I was able to take part 
and also be part of such a lovely team of brilliant bloggers. 
With over 18,000 runners taking part,
 the atmosphere was truly 'carnival', 
with teams of all ages from young to old,
 running for their favourite charities. 

Each kilometre is marked with a cloud of powder paint-
pink, orange, blue, green and yellow, 
thrown over the runners by a team of Dulux volunteers. 
The end result is a veritable rainbow of colour,
 from head to toe.
 It was a real first for me and a fantastic experience.

 I was thrilled to help raise money for my local charity, 
run tirelessly by Jay and Jade, 
who provide work and training for young people
 up-cycling second hand furniture. 
They are a huge success story, 
running a whole range of creative workshops including Heals,
 as well as working alongside designers
 such as Kevin Mc Cloud and Naomi Cleaver. 
Their hours are long and dedication 110%.

Here are a few snapshots of the day
 taken on Zoe's phone and Evie's sweet pictures to cheer me along the way-
the thought of them along with Evie and Gabriel
 there to support me really made my day. 
Thank you for being there for Mummy gorgeous children xx 

If you get the chance to take part next year,
I whole heartedly recommend it as a real family
and friends event, all in aid of a great cause-
your own favourite charity and Save The Children.


.

The team before.


I was there-honest-my black trousers and foot are the only evidence though!


The lovely Joanna running through pink!


Toby, Will and Kate go blue.


Zoe's selfie with Kate, Pippa and a tiny bit of Katie!


Zoe at the finish line.


The team at the end-I'd run off to find the kiddies!



Thank you for my lovely pictures Evie x

For all my US readers, take a look at your local Color Run here and join in the colour fun!

Comments

  1. Wow, missed all the fun but actually saw some people that looked like that walking past my house... had no clue about this AND am delighted I wasn't asked to run 5K. Can you imagine????:-) Great pics x

    PS want to know, did Out of the Dark run???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts